Cynthia joined Lassus Wherley in December, 2006. She is a Certified Public Accountant with responsibilities that include tax planning, preparation and review for individual and fiduciary clients, as well as interacting with the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities on behalf of the firm's tax clients.
Immediately prior to joining Lassus Wherley, Cynthia was a Tax Manager with Rothstein, Kass & Co., PC in Roseland, a top-ranked professional services firm. There Cynthia supervised a small staff and was primarily responsible for the compliance function for high net worth individuals and trusts. She also introduced to management a plan for what would become the firm's flexible work policy.
From 1991 to 2000 she was employed by US Trust Company (formerly J&W Seligman) as a Vice President/Tax Manager responsible for tax preparation, review and planning of the firm's investment clients, both individual and fiduciary. Here a large focus was on the interaction with the investment advisory staff, and coordination of the investment and tax functions. A very high priority was placed on face to face client meetings at least annually.
From 1988 through 1990 Cynthia was a tax manager with Ernst & Young (formerly Ernst & Whinney). At Ernst and Young Cynthia had full responsibility for tax compliance and planning of a large, individual client base.
From 1986 through 1987 Cynthia worked as a staff accountant for Kaplan & Schultz, a small public accounting firm where she obtained mandatory audit experience required for CPA certification.
- 2017 and 2018 Five Star Investment Professional
- 2016 Five Star Financial Services Professional
- Master of Business Administration, Baruch College of the City University of New York (1989)
- Bachelor of Science, Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (1985)
- Certified Public Accountant (1989)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants