CNBC Digital Announces The Formation Of The CNBC Financial Advisor Council - Diahann Lassus Named To Council
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, October 17, 2013 – There are more reasons than ever for investors to seek long-term financial advice. From trying to figure out the impact of Washington gridlock on a portfolio to understanding how to make the right choices in a 401(k), navigating the multitude of investment options and strategies available has never been more complex. Likewise, the financial advisor community faces its own complex landscape, with everything from developing new investment strategies to creating innovative client communication techniques.
To help investors and financial investors better understand this complicated landscape, CNBC Digital has brought together 20 of the nation's leading wealth managers and financial experts to create the CNBC Digital Financial Advisor Council . Members of the Council will offer a vast diversity of experience and insight. They will provide straight-talking, informative content through guest columns on CNBC.com (fa.cnbc.com) and on-air appearances on CNBC that will make investment terms and strategies easier to understand.
"The creation of this impressive Council is another key step for CNBC Digital as we strengthen our premier online hub for both investors and financial advisors," said Xana Antunes, Executive Editor and Vice President, CNBC Digital. "CNBC is the number one television news network among financial advisors* and we are committed to deepening our coverage of and relationship with this important community on our digital platforms."
"I am very excited that this esteemed group will be contributing their expertise to our growing Financial Advisor hub and greatly enhance our coverage of this dynamic space," said Jim Pavia, Senior Editor at Large. "Ultimately, we believe that both the financial advisor community as well as individual investors will gain valuable insights from this group of accomplished pros."
The members of the inaugural CNBC Digital Financial Advisor Council are:
- Lazetta Braxton, Founder & CEO, Financial Fountains
- Josh Brown, CEO, Ritholtz Wealth Management
- Ron Carson, Founder & CEO, Carson Wealth Management Group
- Brittney Castro, Founder & CEO, Financially Wise Women
- Richard Coppa, Managing Director, Wealth Health
- Mark Cortazzo, Senior Partner, MACRO Consulting Group
- Cathy Curtis, Founder & CEO, Curtis Financial Planning
- Ric Edelman, Chairman and CEO, Edelman Financial Services
- Stacy Francis, President and CEO, Francis Financial
- Sheryl Garrett, Founder and CEO, Garrett Planning Network
- Ed Gjertsen II, Vice President, Mack Investment Securities
- Barry Glassman, President & Chief Investment Officier, Glassman Wealth Services
- Ivory Johnson, Founder, Delancey Wealth Management
- Kathleen Burns Kingsbury, Founder, KBK Wealth Connection
- Michael Kitces, Partner & Director of Research, Pinnacle Advisory Group
- Diahann Lassus, President & Chief Investment Officer, Lassus Wherley
- Tim Maurer, Vice President, Financial Consulate
- Carolyn McClanahan, Founder & Director of Financial Planning, Life Planning Partners
- Geri Eisenman Pell, Founder & CEO, Pell Wealth Partners
- Jon Yankee, Founder, Partner, CFO & Senior Financial Advisor, FJY Financial
Today's announcement comes on the heels of a record September for CNBC.com. Last month, the site was visited by 8.1MM unique users in September, up 24% compared to the same time period last year. (Source: comScore US Media Metrix)
Connect with the CNBC Digital Financial Advisor Council by subscribing to our Twitter list and join the conversation using hashtag CNBCFACouncil.
* Source: 2013 Financial Advisor Media Outlook and Usage Study conducted by Erdos
Lassus Wherley was founded in 1985 by Diahann W. Lassus, CFP®, CPA/PFS and Clare E. Wherley, CPA, CFP®. We have two offices to serve our clients, one in New Providence, NJ, and the other in Bonita Springs, FL. Lassus Wherley is a Fee-Only wealth management firm with expertise in financial planning, investment management, tax preparation, trust services, and family office support. We work with individuals, couples, families, pension and profit sharing plans, trusts, estates, charitable organizations, corporations and other business entities. Using a team approach that we have developed over more than 25 years, we have helped hundreds of clients build secure financial futures and achieve peace of mind. Lassus Wherley is a nationally certified Women's Business Enterprise by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the nation's leading organization dedicated to the advancement of Fee-Only comprehensive financial planning. The Lassus Wherley web site is www.lassuswherley.com.