Family Office Support
For some families, complex financial and personal arrangements require additional attention and care. Lassus Wherley is among the few firms that provides a full range of family office services.
We are working with clients on issues such as these, bringing security and peace of mind across generations of family members:
- Oversight of elderly parents for out-of-state children, including working with health care providers
- Paying bills, installing financial controls and reporting on financial transactions
- Tracking and monitoring personal assets
- Coordination of home maintenance, including supervision of contractors
- Managing the sale of a home from decision to close
- Tax payments
- Estate administration
In addition, we have built an extensive array of relationships with professionals in other fields who provide us with input and support when specialized expertise is needed.
We handle and expedite any financial tasks that need to be done. If you have special needs or circumstances, talk to us.
Transitioning a family business
A husband-and-wife client decided to start their own business, and it prospered. In 2005, they asked us to help them figure out a way to get the business out of their estate and into the hands of their children so that the children wouldn't have to sell the business to pay estate taxes. They also wanted to "tie" the children to something. In a team effort that took more than three years, we analyzed the situation and held numerous discussions about the practical impact of their options, eventually bringing in an estate attorney for additional support. The effort was worth it, as the couple achieved their objectives, and we built a relationship with the next generation of their family..